I have an interview next Wed. This will be my third since I was laid off. (Well, technically fourth, but I skipped one because it was in a really bad part of town). I think that's good, right? If only there was a way to interview just my head...the baby bump keeps getting bigger and I think it's getting in the way.
The first interview I had was almost immediately after I lost my job. They told me there were over 200 candidates. They interviewed 6. I was in the top 3. They hired 2. It hurt.
The second interview was strange. They had all of the candidates for the position come in at the same time, sit in a circle with the interviewers, and then split up into small meeting rooms where we did one-on-one interviews for about 5 minutes. We then rotated to the next interviewer for their 5 minute round of questions. It was sort of a round-robin, group thing - just without the actual group interaction. Odd. I didn't get the job. I should have. One thing about seeing the competition is knowing you can beat everyone there. Again, it hurt.
I have not given up though. I got the call this morning and will be on my way to a brand new opportunity next Wednesday. It's kind of far, and not the ideal position, but a job's a job's a job, right?
Wish me luck!
Topkapi Palace
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment