As I read over my post from yesterday, I realized that most people would not consider it normal to go to bed at 7:30. Alas, that has been my bedtime for the past few weeks. No, I'm not sick. I'm just pregnant.
Ok, so not just pregnant - I AM pregnant. Ten weeks and 3 days to be exact. So far, I've dealt with everything early pregnancy has to offer: sore, ever-expanding breasts, exhaustion like no exhaustion I have ever experienced, morning sickness, afternoon sickness, evening sickness, night sickness, everything in-between sickness, inexplicable crying, cravings, round-the-clock hunger, and of course the indescribable feeling of carrying a human life inside of me!
Generally, I am not a gushy person. I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't emotional, but gushy, no. But there really is no comparison to the way this makes you feel. I know some women have terrible pregnancies (my sister), some feel nothing until they are actually holding a child, and still other's try and try and for whatever reason will never know any of it. I, however, consider myself lucky on so many levels. Puking was miserable, but there was a reason for it. Sleeping all the time is not as restful as it sounds, yet somehow it recharges me. A bulging waistline a tad ahead of what all the "it" pregnancy books recommend, and still I look forward to having an even bigger baby bump.
Gushy, no. Emotional, yes.
Topkapi Palace
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment