And he moves!
Huh?
Back story - Since my 12th week or so, people have been asking me if I've felt "the flutter" yet. At first, I responded with a very enthusiastic, Not yet! But as the weeks moved on and people kept asking, I started to worry. Of course 12 weeks was rather early to be asking, but according to "the book" (which by the way, I have all but used as toilet paper at this point) movement, and feeling the movement, starts anywhere between 16 and 22 weeks. Well, around week 18, I began to worry. I mean sure the we had heard the heartbeat and everything sounded good, but there was no visual proof that there was actually a healthy baby inside. So I worried more. What if I didn't feel it because it didn't have arms and legs? Wouldn't it head-butt me then? What if it can't head-butt me because it doesn't have a working spine? What if it doesn't have a head? (Ok, I never really thought that, but it was getting close!) The only rational thing to do was wait for my 20 week ultrasound. Not only were we going to find out the sex, but I could finally find out if it had arms and legs. And it does! Excuse me, he does!
Not only does he have arms and legs, but: fingers, toes, a spine, a brain, a four-chamber heart, a bladder, kidneys - left and right!, a diaphragm, a face, and much to my husbands joy - a penis. I know there are other things that he should have, but these are what they look for and thankfully, what they found!
Oh, and the movement mystery: my placenta is anterior, which means that it's in the very front of my belly. So when Baby Boy kicks, he is kicking his placenta, not me. Oddly enough, I have felt some movement since the ultrasound. Maybe it's psychological, maybe it's not. Either way, I have a fully armed and legged baby boy growing inside of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment