Sunday, May 24, 2009

Move over Pele!

In the midst of all of the job crap, I forgot about some amazing milestones in my pregnancy. (I hope this isn't indicative of how I'll parent!) Anyway, last weekend my husband felt the baby kick for the first time. I had felt him move around some, but I wasn't sure if it was feel-able from the outside. Of course, I wanted to share this with my husband though, so I every time I felt something, I'd have him put his hand on my belly. As luck would have it, as soon as he touched me, the baby stopped moving. DH was starting to get frustrated.

After a few days, I began to see a pattern in baby's movement. He moved mostly in the early morning, when I'd just woken up, or in the evening just before bed. Then, last weekend, I awoke to a lot of movement. I quickly woke up my husband and had him put his hand on my belly. It took a few minutes, but then it happened. The baby moved and my husband felt it. You would have thought he won the lottery! His eyes got big, his hand flinched in disbelief, and he gasped. I couldn't help but giggle. Needless to say, my hubby was in a grand ol' mood for the rest of the day. He was telling everyone that he "met" his son that morning.

Since then, I'm pretty sure baby has kicked it up a notch (no pun intended). I feel him moving all the time. And just think, a few short weeks ago I questioned whether he had arms and legs! His movement is still particularly pronounced in the early mornings and late evenings. Which leads me to this morning's big event! I woke up at dawn (stupid chirping birds) and felt him moving right away. I had read in the baby book that he was supposed to be sensitve to light at this point, so I pulled the covers down, lifted my shirt, and let the sun shine on my belly. And then it happened: he kicked and my belly moved! I mean really moved! It was so crazy!! I couldn't help but smile. Of course, my husband is out of town and didn't see it, but I'm sure he will soon enough.

I certainly don't take this as the first sign that my son is the smartest, most talented (and let's face it, best looking) fetus to ever exist, but it was pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment