I used to like the color pink. Until, I got word that a little slip of pink paper would find its way to my inbox in the coming weeks. Yep, I got laid off today. It's not official until I get the paperwork, but it may as well be. The "powers that be" have known for about 2 weeks, and I guess nothing has changed, so the "powers that be pink-slipped" have now been notified.
Life sucks. When I started this blog, it was to be a reflection of all of the crappy things that have happened. Past tense. It was not intended to be a forum for me to complain about how unfair life is currently. But I suppose blogs don't control that.
So there it is. For the past three years, I have worked my butt off. I have put in countless hours on and off the clock for the good of the people I work with and for. I have done this thankless job with the general motivation and satisfaction that I was making a difference and the reality of it is, it's what I was meant to do. (Do you think it's Freudian that I said it's what I "was" meant to do, instead of "am" meant to do?) It just plain sucks.
So today I cried. And cried some more. Tomorrow, who knows. But I'm sure there are more tears in water-soaked, blurry sight.
Topkapi Palace
14 years ago
Sara..I can honestly say I know how you feel. Not only was there a 'layoff' we had to leave our home, our car, and our country. Believe me, it's no consolation I know, but things do get better. In time. A LOT of time. And a lot of tears. You are not alone. I feel for you. Stay strong. I know my words mean very little, but I do know where you are coming from. I understand. I comiserate. And I too cry more than I care to talk about...
ReplyDelete