If only life were as simple as my dog makes it look.
She has this toy. It's a chipmunk. I bought it for her because she loves chasing chipmunks outside and I figured it'd be harmless fun to watch her get hours of enjoyment out of tossing this small plush animal and then pouncing on it, only to chew on its face until the tennis ball in the corner looks like it will provide more entertainment.
I want that.
I suppose if I wanted to, I could make my husband feed me. I don't need to be taken on walks. I can manage to make it to the bathroom on my own, but maybe a little encouragement when I go would be nice. I deserve treats every now and then, and toys (age appropriate) are always a nice surprise. So what is it that she has that I want if I can, in fact, have all of the same things?
I'm not really sure what the lesson to be learned is, but her life seems so simple. If only mine were...
Topkapi Palace
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment